[OpenSIPS-Users] Attended call transfer in opensips with use of RTPengine

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Mar 31 14:47:44 UTC 2022

Hi Simon,

If you have OpenSIPS and a simple SIP proxy (not a B2B), you must not
reply to the REFER, but to let it be routed as an in-dialog request to
the other end-point, as that end-point will actually do the transfer
(starting the new call).

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS eBootcamp 23rd May - 3rd June 2022
   https://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_eBootcamp_2022/

On 3/2/22 12:02 PM, Simon Gajski wrote:

> Hi
>
> no, we don't use B2B on OpenSIPS  side. Is this the correctway to do it?
> The thing is that I don't know what would be the best way to implement
> this with use of RTPengine.
> I found very little info available online.
>
> Call forwards that I manually set in DB (cfu, cfnr, cfb.....like we
> were doing on last bootcamp) are working fine.
> Only issue is with answered call and then attempting to transfer it.
>
> BR
> Simon
>

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu je 01.03.2022 ob 15:30 napisal:
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> Do you use B2B on the OpenSIPS side ? Which entity is actually
>> performing the transfer ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>>
>> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>>    https://www.opensips-solutions.com
>> OpenSIPS eBootcamp
>>    https://www.opensips.org/Training/Bootcamp
>> On 2/24/22 1:54 PM, Simon Gajski via Users wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>

>>> I am using opensips 3.2 with rtpengine on same server and trying to
>>> achieve attended call transfer.
>>>
>>> In theory, I'm trying to do:
>>> 1. A calls B...and B answers
>>> 2. B puts A on hold (MOH is played from RTPengine)