[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS user location clustering in Kubernetes behind AWS ELB

Jonathan Hunter hunterj91 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 17:03:33 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I am using openSIPS to load balance requests from Websocket clients that are using sip.js and are connecting to AWS via WSS and the ELB, the requests are then sent to freeSWITCH for some media functions and then passed back.

With a single openSIPS pod this works great, but I am now looking to implement more than one openSIPS instance, so user location then becomes an issue as I am routing using namespace.

I have used the clusterer module when not in a dynamic k8s environment, however I wondered if anyone else had tried/tested this?

For me the neighbour node Ids may be an issue due to the dynamic nature of pods, and the node_ids themselves, as I guess I can prepopulate them but wondered if this had been tested out?

Just want to make the openSIPS pods HA and scalable.

Hope this makes sense? I am looking at other work arounds but thought would put it out there.

Thanks

Jon