[OpenSIPS-Users] Managing the implicit subscription and its NOTIFYs within B2BUA REFER handling

Jeff Pyle jeff at ugnd.org
Mon Jan 24 15:38:36 UTC 2022

OpenSIPS 3.2 supports some slick in-script B2B functions, documented here
[1] <[1] https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-B2BUA-3-2#toc10>
with an example for handling REFER.  Does this approach include support for
the subscription and the subsequent NOTIFYs required by RFC 3515 2.4.4 [2]
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc3515#section-2.4.4>?

I have a need to write some REFER handling functions into an existing
OpenSIPS SBC stack, and I need to send accurate NOTIFYs back to the
REFER-er.  Terminating the subscription with the first NOTIFY isn't good
enough, sadly.  I'm hoping this is the right way to do it.

  [1]  https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-B2BUA-3-2#toc10
  [2]  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc3515#section-2.4.4

- Jeff