[OpenSIPS-Users] dlg_sharing_tag behaviour in an active/backup setup

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Tue Jul 13 11:59:20 EST 2021

On 25.06.2021 15:12, solarmon wrote:
> The typical recommended configuration for an active/standby setup
> would be:
>
> node1:
>
> modparam("dialog", "dlg_sharing_tag", "vip=active")
>

> node2:
>
> modparam("dialog", "dlg_sharing_tag", "vip=backup")
>

> How can this be properly resolved or managed for these situations
> where you want to take down an opensips node for maintenance?

Hi,

Actually, I would recommend starting with "backup / backup" (!!) to
prevent exactly the scenario you described above, where you take down
the former-active node for maintenance, yet it boots in "active" mode,
completely opposite to the state of the VIP.

Now, in order to fix the state where both tags are in "backup" mode,
you'd deploy an external check-script that periodically scans the tag
statuses and fixes a "backup" tag to "active" whenever a box owns the VIP.

Best Regards,

--
Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu | www.opensips-solutions.com