[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenXCAP] Is RFC 4745 implemented?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Jun 16 11:34:22 CEST 2009

2009/6/16 Luci Stanescu <luci at ag-projects.com>:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>
> Hi Iñaki,
>
>> Hi, does OpenXCAP implement RFC 4745 (Common Policy: A Document Format
>> for Expressing Privacy Preferences)?
>> I understand that this feature would be implemented by the XCAP server
>> itself, am I right?
>
> OpenXCAP supports RFC5025 (Presence Authorization Rules) which is an
> extension to RFC4745. RFC4745 does not define an XCAP application, but
> rather a framework for defining authorization rules. So I do not really
> understand what exactly you mean by a RFC4745 implementation in an XCAP
> server. On another note, an XCAP server is responsible for storing XML
> documents, it's the role of another entity (for example, the presence
> agent in the case of pres-rules) to interprete them and act accordingly.

You are completely right, thanks. I didn't understand the purpose of
RFC 4745 by reading some lines of it.
So, the presence agent (which could be OpenSIPs xcap_client module or
OpenSIPS presence module itself when "integrated_xcap") is responsible
to understand the conditions appearing in the pres-rules documents,
i.e: from 9:00 to 12:00 show me as busy.
Am I right?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo