[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenXCAP] Is RFC 4745 implemented?

Luci Stanescu luci at ag-projects.com
Tue Jun 16 09:03:33 CEST 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

Hi Iñaki,

> Hi, does OpenXCAP implement RFC 4745 (Common Policy: A Document Format
> for Expressing Privacy Preferences)?
> I understand that this feature would be implemented by the XCAP server
> itself, am I right?

OpenXCAP supports RFC5025 (Presence Authorization Rules) which is an
extension to RFC4745. RFC4745 does not define an XCAP application, but
rather a framework for defining authorization rules. So I do not really
understand what exactly you mean by a RFC4745 implementation in an XCAP
server. On another note, an XCAP server is responsible for storing XML
documents, it's the role of another entity (for example, the presence
agent in the case of pres-rules) to interprete them and act accordingly.

> Thanks.

Luci Stanescu