[Users] detecting BYE

Ramin Dousti dousti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 15:17:17 CEST 2006

On 10/20/06, Nicolas Palix <nicolas.palix at labri.fr> wrote:
> In doing so, you broke the SIP protocol (check RFC 3261 :) )

I agree that I shouldn't be mucking with the dialog when I don't
understand the protocol properly :-)

> When you change your 183 response in a 200 response, you also need
> to send a CANCEL to your SIP-cloud.

Again I agree, that's why the original question was, how can I detect BYE. But
having been able to detect BYE, I have not been able to convert that
to a CANCEL.
Do you know how?

> Moreover, in your situation, you do not have to send a BYE to the SIP-cloud
> as in that part of your network, there is not "established" session...
> (you certainly receive a "481" Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist)

That's the strange part. I'm seeing the errors returned are 408 and 487 and
the Cseq is linking them to INVITE and not BYE. Or did I misinterprete Cseq?

Thanks for the help.

Ramin