[OpenSIPS-Users] [Release] OpenSIPS 3.4.0 major release, beta version

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed May 17 14:38:12 UTC 2023

Hello there !!

It is that time of the year to do our iteration - one more year, one
more evolution step, one more OpenSIPS major release.

So, we are all happy to announce the beta release of *OpenSIPS 3.4.0
major version* - and this 3.4 version is all about /consolidation, in
terms of features, of code, of performance and of conformity/. A huge
amount of work was invested in the testing area - we got SIPssert
<https://blog.opensips.org/2023/04/04/sipssert-an-opensips-testing-framework/>
testing framework, we got code benchmarking
<https://blog.opensips.org/2023/05/10/stress-testing-opensips-3-4-lts/>
. Also a lot of areas - B2B, logging, dialog - were visited for
enhancements and improvements.

But here is the shortest possible description
<https://www.opensips.org/About/Version-Overview-3-4-0> of this release;
and be aware that it's actually not so short as nothing is short about 3.4 !

Please keep in mind that 3.4.0 is still a beta release, targeting mid
July to become fully stable. So, we still have some testing ahead of us :).

Many thanks to our awesome community for contributing with ideas, code,
patches, tests and reports!

Looking for downloading it? See the tarball
<http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/3.4.0> or the GIT repo
<https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/tree/3.4>. Packages (rpms
<https://yum.opensips.org/> and debs <https://apt.opensips.org/>) are
also already available!