[OpenSIPS-Users] rtpengine_offer on REINVITE

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 10:30:27 UTC 2023

Hi All,

Following up on this following another media server crash.

Since the previous email it was discovered that on occasion RTPEngine would
be delayed in responding to OpenSIPs and therefore a second RTP server was
tried triggering the failure scenario (unnecessary DTLS renegotiation
mid-call).

This time there was no detectable delay, a call was simply established
through OpenSIPs however a RE-INVITE arriving at the 1 minute mark engaged
a separate RTP server. Can anyone explain the mechanism by which a RTP
server which was selected during the dialog setup is attached to the dialog
data for subsequent requests, and identify any possible weakness where this
would not be recorded? In over 99.99% of situations it certainly selects
the RTP server previously engaged however there must be a weakness for this
to occur.

Any thoughts on debugging/mitigation would be appreciated! The affected
system is running 3.2.4 - happy to upgrade if there has been any work in
this area!

Thanks,

Callum

--

*0333 332 0000  |  x-on.co.uk <https://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on>   <https://www.facebook.com/XonTel>

*Our new office address: 22 Riduna
Park, Melton IP12 1QT.*

X-on
is a trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd
a limited company registered in
England and Wales.

Registered Office :
Glebe Farm, Down Street, Dummer, Basingstoke, Hampshire, England RG25 2AD.
Company Registration No. 2578478.

The information in this e-mail is
confidential and for use by the addressee(s)
only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify X-on immediately on +44(0)333 332 0000
and delete the
message from your computer. If you are not a named addressee
you must not use,
disclose, disseminate, distribute, copy, print or reply
to this email. Views
or opinions expressed by an individual
within this
email may not necessarily
reflect the views of X-on or its associated
companies. Although X-on routinely
screens for viruses, addressees should
scan this email and any attachments
for
viruses. X-on makes no
representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses
in this email or
any attachments.