[OpenSIPS-Users] Utimer delaying execution

L S efes99999 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 22:17:14 UTC 2023

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading to Opensips 3.2.10 (from 1.11 TLS).
Opensips has run without any issues on Centos 7 for about a week, but the
other day, we got the following message (many), and eventually Opensips
3.2.10 hung up/stopped processing requests:

Mar  5 21:46:15 opensips2 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[123477]:
WARNING:core:utimer_ticker: utimer task <tm-utimer> already scheduled
695330 ms ago (now 136521190 ms), delaying execution

We use Opensips only as a dispatcher, and do not call any external
processes. Opensips tables reside in a mysql database.
We have used 1.11 TLS (with openssl) for many years, and never run into
this issue. Init.d script is the one that comes with 3.2.10.

I came across these two related issues:
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/1767
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/1858

It seems openssl is the culprit there, but we use wolfssl. (We had major
issues with openssl).

Any ideas?

I will run a trap when/if this happens, but I think I need to install
opensips-dbg module (Centos 7), which I can't find. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt