[OpenSIPS-Users] Freeswitch ignores 503 message from opensips

Simon Gajski simon at softnet.si
Tue Jun 6 12:42:28 UTC 2023

Hi

I am using Opensips to act as SBC in combination with Freeswitch for
handling media.
I added function to count simultaneous incomming/outgoing calls per trunk.

Call flow looks like:

1. Customer   ---> Opensips
2. Opensips   ---> Freeswitch
3. Freeswitch ---> Opensips
4. Opensips   ---> Carrier

After call is returned from Freeswitch to Opensips (step 3),
routing logic is applied where the call shall be routed next (step 4).

But before call is relayed to final route (in step 4)  counter for
simultaneous calls
checks if either source or destination IP already reached its limit of
concurrent calls.
In case of yes, Opensips sends to Freeswitch 503 response instead of
performing step 4.

send_reply("503", "Service Unavailable: Channel limit exceeded\n");
exit;

And here comes my problem:
Freeswitch ignores 503 message and sends another INVITE and then
opensips repeats its logic.
Can somebody tell me what should I check? or what would be the right way
to terminate such call?

Thanks

BR
Simon