[OpenSIPS-Users] PAID not in resent INVITE from Failure Block

Richard Robson richard.robson at 8x8.com
Fri Feb 24 11:55:06 UTC 2023

I have an OpenSIPS 2.3 instance, where we are sending a call to the next
hop and are receiving a 403 forbidden. This is expected and we need to
update the from or to header and resend the call to the same destination
whish will accept this. we do not make any other changed in the failure
route, nor want to.

This is working, however, the additional PAID and RPID headers, which
were added by OpenSIPs before the INVITE was t_relayed are missing from
the updated INVITE, ( the from header is modified.)

The documentation implies that the headers should be there:

*Processing*: the original SIP request (that was sent out)

There is nothing in the failure route to cause the headers to be dropped.

Therefore is this by design? i.e. additional headers are dropped and
need to be re-applied, they are missing because the 403 did not contain
them or is this a bug and the headers should be there?

INVITE (with PAID & RPID  headers) ->

<- 403 forbidden (no PAID or RPID)

INVITE (no PAID & RPID  headers) ->   (this just has the from header
modified)

Regards, Richard