[OpenSIPS-Users] - Server Header, on 180 Ringing

Nitesh Divecha aviator.nitesh.d at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 15:02:29 UTC 2022

Hello All,

Happy Friday!

So while checking something I noticed that my "Server Header" is getting
overwritten on 180 Ringing.

I have the default server header defined on top, server_header="Server:
Engineering Test". It shows fine on "100 Giving it a try" but it gets
overwritten on "180 Ringing".

Example, PSTN --> OpenSIPS --> ATA.
- When the call comes in via the PSTN network, OpenSIPS replies back with
"100 Giving it a try" to PSTN and sends "INVITE (SDP)" to registered ATA.
On the reply back to PSTN it shows "Server:  Engineering Test".

- ATA replies back with "100 Trying" and "180 Ringing" to OpenSIPS. The
reply back from ATA on "180 Ringing" shows Server: OBIHAI/OBi302-3.2.5.8732
which over writes the default server_header=.

- When OpenSIPS replies back to PSTN with "180 Ringing", it shows Server:
OBIHAI/OBi302-3.2.5.8732.

Any insights on how I can prevent this from happening? I want to keep the
default server header going out on the PSTN network.

Thank you in advance...

Cheers,
Nitesh