[OpenSIPS-Users] strange INVITE transmission

Daniel Zanutti daniel.zanutti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 04:04:57 UTC 2022

Hi Kiwon

You applied at beginning, before loose_route. Not sure it gonna work this
way, i sent you exactly line where to put the code.
Move this:
 if (nat_uac_test(23)) {
if (is_method("REGISTER")) {
fix_nated_register();
setbflag("NAT");
} else {
fix_nated_contact();
setflag("NAT");
}
}

After:
t_check_trans();

Anyway, I suggest you add some log to confirm messages are coming. Put this
line right after main route:
xlog("L_ERR","MESSAGE RECEIVED $rm [$fu/$tu/$ru/$ci/$si]");

There's no big deal on Opensips, everything comes to main route, internal
transaction responses comes from specific routes. (
https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-Routes-3-1)

I have some spare time tomorrow, send me a direct message if you need help.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 12:43 AM 이기원 <chester at zigbang.com> wrote:

> Hi Daniel and opensips users goup,
> Thank you for answering my questions.
>
> I missed to inform you about the opensips version I'm trying. It is 3.2.5.
>
> After modifying config, opensips does not respond for the REGISTER
> requests from phones.
> Actually I already tried the following
> https://kb.smartvox.co.uk/opensips/nat-contact-and-via-fixing-in-sip-part-3/
> article but I have the same problem - no response for REGISTERs.
>
> Is there any way to know why opensips ignores or does not respond for
> REGISTERs?
> Please find my new opensips.cfg that Diniel's advice is applied.
>

> Thank you
>
> Regards
> Kiwon
>
> 2022년 3월 28일 (월) 오후 10:47, Daniel Zanutti <daniel.zanutti at gmail.com>님이 작성:
>
>> Hi Kiwon
>>
>> You need to handle NAT scenarios. Try putting this code on line 254,
>> right after "t_check_trans()":
>>
>> if (nat_uac_test("7"))
>> {
>>   #nathelper
>>   if(is_method("REGISTER"))
>>     fix_nated_register();
>>   else
>>     fix_nated_contact();
>>   xlog("L_NOTICE", "Fix contact - M=$rm RURI=$ru F=$fu T=$tu IP=$si
>> ID=$ci\n");
>> }
>>
>> You also need to enable nathelper module. The reason is that you need to
>> use the public IP/Port that sent data to opensips and ignore the Contact.
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 5:20 AM 이기원 <chester at zigbang.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys, I'm trying to introduce opensips into my company these days.
>>>
>>> I'm testing with many other phones. During the test, I had a very
>>> strange symptom.
>>>
>>> Please, take look at the picture below first. (Please find my screenshot
>>> from the link below)
>>> A. The most left one 14.52.252.236 is a phone (with hardware).
>>> B. 10.0.0.177 is proxy which is woking on cloud and its external IP is
>>> 58.79.209.75
>>> C. 175.223.34.31 is a zoiper softphone which is working on iphone
>>> D. 192.168.10.187 is the private IP address of A - a phone which is
>>> the most left one (14.52.252.236)
>>>

>>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/14zAREWLsluIa1TcU7tZJLSgff-iPqBDA/view?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> As you can see, C is calling A but opensips transmits the INVITE rqeuset
>>> to A's private IP address.
>>> INVITE request should be transmitted A's public IP address - In this
>>> scenario 14.52.252.236 (A)
>>>
>>> I also attach my opensips.cfg. What's wrong with me?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>

>>> Regards
>>> Kiwon