[OpenSIPS-Users] rtp_relay module implementation help .

Sasmita Panda spanda at 3clogic.com
Wed Mar 23 11:40:44 UTC 2022

Hi All ,

I was going through the doc and did a simple POC on rtp_relay module and
the media server is rtpengine .

My config file looks like below .

loadmodule "dialog.so"
loadmodule "rtp_relay.so"
loadmodule "rtpengine.so"
modparam("rtpengine", "rtpengine_sock", "udp:20.0.x.x:22000=3")
modparam("rtpengine", "rtpengine_sock", "udp:20.0.x.y:22000=0")

route{
             if (is_method("INVITE")){
                             $rtp_relay = "replace-origin
replace-session-connection";
                        $rtp_relay_peer = "replace-origin
replace-session-connection";
                        #rtp_relay_engage("rtpproxy");
                        rtp_relay_engage("rtpengine");
   }
 }

While running this if rtpengine becomes unreachable through which media
session is established , then opensips automatically wont switch the same
call to another rtpengine node .  I have to run opensips-cli command to
switch the rtpengine .

/usr/local/bin/opensips-cli -x mi rtp_relay_update engine=rtpengine set=0
node=udp:20.0.x.x:22000 new_node=udp:20.0.x.y:22000

Automatic switching possible or not? If possible then how ? What should I
do for the automatic switching of rtpengine nodes ? Media high availability
is only possible  if opensips will automatically switch the defective rtp
node to the running one .

Please do suggest .

*Thanks & Regards*
*Sasmita Panda*
*Senior Network Testing and Software Engineer*
*3CLogic , ph:07827611765*