[OpenSIPS-Users] Adding a a=sendrecv line to SDP

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Fri Jan 21 01:24:11 UTC 2022

Hi,

I am replacing an old hardware SBC with a simple OpenSIPS instance
that basically does a little as possible. So topology hiding, rtpproxy
between the "lan" and public side and a few choice header
manipulations. The one problem I am having is that for some reason the
platform on the "lan" side requires an "a=sendrecv" line in the SDP
body.

All the SDP body manipulations I have found are more of the replace
this part of the body with that new value, while I just want to add a
whole line to the end of the body. The old SBC would add this to each
audio "stream" (not sure of the correct terminology here).

I know this is not 100% kosher, because I can't force all the SDP
bodies to be correct, but this is just a test platform that quickly
needs a solution for the broken hardware. And I would really like to
prevent spending money here. It's been a while since I looked into SDP
manipulation using OpenSIPS.

I am currently testing on an older OpenSIPS 2.x release, but could
upgrade to something more recent when necessary.

Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

--
Andreas Sikkema
(back again after a few years away)