[OpenSIPS-Users] add SDP to 200ok without SDP

Mario San Vicente mrsanvicente at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 22:24:02 EST 2021

Hello Calvin,

Just making a quick search I got the following:

Hi This 200 OK without SDP *is acceptable* as the answer SDP has already
been received in a reliable non-failure response. Refer RFC 3262 (Sec 5 The
Offer/Answer Model and PRACK): If the INVITE contained an offer, the UAS
MAY generate an answer in a reliable provisional response (assuming these
are supported by the UAC).

Also I would add that the carriers having this behavior are many and big
ones,  the UAC not supporting this response are mostly asterisk ( maybe
something may need to be fine tuned).

Thank you for your comments!

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 1:20 PM Calvin Ellison <calvin.ellison at voxox.com>
wrote:

> This doesn't answer your question: I'm curious if that is a broken
> behavior from the party sending the 200 without SDP. It is my understanding
> that all subsequent 18x and the 200 must use the same SDP if no UPDATE has
> taken place in the meantime. Please, correct me if that is a
> misunderstanding.
>

> Calvin Ellison
>
> Systems Architect
>
> calvin.ellison at voxox.com
>
> +1 (213) 285-0555
>
> <http://voxox.com>
>
> <https://www.facebook.com/VOXOX/>
> <https://www.instagram.com/voxoxofficial/>
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/3573541/admin/>
> <https://twitter.com/Voxox>
>
> The information contained herein is confidential and privileged
> information or work product intended only for the individual or entity to
> whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized use, distribution, or copying of
> communication in error, please notify me immediately.
>

> On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 10:02 AM Mario San Vicente <mrsanvicente at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> has anyone face the following issue:  customer not accepting 200ok with
>> no SDP as valid.  Previously an 18[03] with SDP was sent, but the final
>> answer is 200 ok with no SDP from the termination leg.  So i was wondering
>> if there is a way to store the SDP and the append it to answering 200ok.
>>
>> Client   -->   Opensips as Proxy + rtpproxy  --> Termination Leg
>>

>> Thank you in advance.
>> Mario SV

Mario San Vicente
Cheers!