[OpenSIPS-Users] How to manage REFER Packet

Donat Zenichev donat.zenichev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 17:12:07 EST 2021

Good day Calvin.
There is no SIP method called "REDIREDCT" as you say.
Currently there are 6 general methods defined in RFC 3261, you can see them
here: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#section-27.4

And of course a list of SIP specifications (documents) including following
methods: PRACK, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PUBLISH, REFER, MESSAGE, UPDATE
which are defined in the list of other RFC documents.

But there is no method which you called. So that, please do not confuse the
community with a wrong terminology.

The thing you are referring to (if I managed to understand this correctly)
is just a basic processing of 3XX type of responses (Redirection server).
This block of response codes is commonly called as redirection responses.
Response codes are not the same thing as SIP methods.
And most of all would be "302 Moved Temporarily" used, to provide Contact
information where to find the requested side. Depends on setup.

This however seems to be completely not related to the original question of
the author.

Best regards.

Best regards,
Donat Zenichev