[OpenSIPS-Users] How to manage REFER Packet

Calvin Ellison calvin.ellison at voxox.com
Thu Mar 11 16:24:01 EST 2021

Is it your intention to transfer an established call, or do you really a
redirect?

In the case of a redirect you're actually looking for the REDIREDCT method
not the REFER method. Instead of returning a 200 OK then REFER, you would
return a 300 REDIRECT with the new URI in the Contact header. That
completes the first dialogue and then you start a new dialogue to the
destination provided by the REDIRECT.

Regards,

Calvin Ellison
Systems Architect