[OpenSIPS-Users] Dialog cluster syncing behaviour

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Tue Jul 13 11:50:29 EST 2021

On 25.06.2021 13:26, solarmon wrote:
> Can anybody confirm whether this behaviour is by design and/or whether
> how to force the opensips to sync all the Dialogs between the two nodes.

Hi,

I've not seen this behavior before with 2.4, so it's definitely
strange.  You can force a sync of ALL dialogs at any time via the
"dlg_cluster_sync" MI command [1]. The same logic gets invoked on the
backup during startup, so let's see if you run into the same "partial
sync" issue you're experiencing.  Make sure to grab the final 2.4
version before proceeding, though -- the issue might just go away by
pulling the latest fixes.

Once you eventually decide to upgrade to a supported version such as
3.2, you will gain access to even better dialog clustering, where the
backup node is able to self-recover its data by automatically issuing a
sync request afterany temporary network disconnect, thanks to the
"cluster_auto_sync" setting [2].

[1]: https://opensips.org/docs/modules/2.4.x/dialog.html#mi_dlg_cluster_sync
[2]:
https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/dialog.html#param_cluster_auto_sync