[OpenSIPS-Users] Does sl_send_reply auto-generated a Contact Header in it's response?

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 13:36:47 EST 2021

Hello mwb,

I used OpenSIPS as a redirect server many years ago.
Back then, the destination set ($ds) was used to generate Contact addresses
when you use sl_send_reply() to return 302.

302 is a redirect. The 302 response must tell the UAC where the request is
to be redirected. That is done using the Contact header (see section 8.3 of
RFC3261).
OpenSIPS did this by taking addresses it found in the destination set. I am
not certain if the latest versions of OpenSIPS still do it this way.

You may have to use append_branch() or $branch now, but it should be clear
if you look at this blog article:
https://blog.opensips.org/2018/07/05/handling-sip-redirect-requests-in-realt
ime/
Look for the section headed "Using OpenSIPS as a redirect server".

John Quick
Smartvox Limited
Web: www.smartvox.co.uk