[OpenSIPS-Users] Some general query regarding opensips memory caching and local cache .

Sasmita Panda spanda at 3clogic.com
Thu Nov 19 08:45:05 EST 2020

Hi All  ,

I am just wondering whats the difference between memory caching and local
cache of opensips .

1.  domain module : modparam("domain", "db_mode", 1)   this means use
caching .
This means opensips saves the data in memory . What is the time span the
data persists in memory ?

2. In dynamic routing case , I am not configuring  any parameter to save
the data in memory . But still opensips save the data in memory which I
have been configured in the DB  .  In that case what is the time span till
which data persists in memory ?

3. When I am saying about  cachedb_local module . Is the module stores data
in the memory of opensips or in any other cashe ?

4. Is this make sense , when opensips is storing the data in memory itself
, I need to use localcahce module to store the information in db to local
cache ? In other way I can ask , what are modules for which opensips is not
storing the data in memory .

Below are the tables  for which I used to do DB query  frequently .
location , domain , dynamic routing tables, dialplan , subscriber , address

Can any one please let me know , in which case  I should use localcache
module to  minimize db query ??

*Thanks & Regards*
*Sasmita Panda*
*Senior Network Testing and Software Engineer*
*3CLogic , ph:07827611765*