[OpenSIPS-Users] Reading contents of a file - OpenSIPS 3.1

Mark Allen mark at allenclan.co.uk
Fri Nov 13 14:48:48 EST 2020

Just would like to consult the hive mind. I want to read the contents of a
multi-line text file to be used by my OpenSIPS config. Ideally, I'll get a
key:value CSV pair from the file and store each pair in memcache - e.g.

file contains:

a, 113
b, 214
c, 771

read it in line by line and cache_store() with the letter as the attribute
and the number as the value.

I was thinking that I could use exec() to 'cat' the contents of the file,
storing stdout in an AVP, and then work through that array splitting letter
and number with a string transformation ready for cache_store(). However,
if I do this the full file contents are stored as a single string in the
first value with "#012" added in place of the new lines.

Obviously, I can use a string transform s.select{} using #012 as a
delimiter in an intermediary step, but am I just doing this the hard way?
Is there a better way to achieve this?