[OpenSIPS-Users] How SQL_CACHER module works?

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Thu Nov 12 16:03:47 EST 2020

The sql_cacher module doesn’t just read from SQL and store in local memory. It reads from SQL stores into a Cache-style (key-value) datastore. The Cache datastore doesn’t have to be in local memory; it can use any of the cache_db backends supported by OpenSIPS. So you must configure the cache datastore that you want to use.

In your case, and I think most use cases for sql_cacher, you want to store in local memory, so you want to use the cachedb_local [1] module.

[1] https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.1.x/cachedb_local.html

Ben Newlin