[OpenSIPS-Users] How SQL_CACHER module works?

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Thu Nov 12 15:51:41 EST 2020

Hi.

I’m trying to set up an environment where I can fetch data from a local
mysql database at startup and have it available for opensips in cached
memory.  So far I think the SQL_CACHER module can do this operation.  But
I’m getting a little bit confused in the configuration.  So far in the
exported parameter “cache_table”  I have:

   - id
   - db_url
   - cachedb_url
   - table
   - key
   - columns
   - on_demand

In the DB_URL I have the SQL database where I store the date I want to
fetch for later use.

But I’m confused with the CACHEDB_URL ?  What’s the idea of this DB?.  I’m
getting the data from the DB_URL, but then I have to store it in this
CACHEDB???... If so… can I use another table in the same SQL database?.. or
I need to use another method?.  Can someone help me understand the whole
picture here?.

In case I need to set up this “cachedb_url” what is recommended?... and how
to set up?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Ricardo Martinez.-