[OpenSIPS-Users] proto_smtp questions.

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Fri Jun 14 08:37:33 EDT 2019

Hi, Johan!

I'm glad the proto_smpp module is helpful :). Yes, it can both connect
to a smsc, and accept connections from Kannel from example. Yes,
opensips automatically reconnects - it would be nice to have an MI
command that could trigger that, to prevent errors in the logs, but
that's not yet implemented.
Thanks for giving it a shot, let me know if there are any issues with
it. And, of course, submit any feature requests that you find useful!

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 6/13/19 11:02 PM, johan de clercq wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> First of all, thanks for making proto_smtp.  At one of my major
> customers, this saves me configuring kennel and creating messages myself.
>
> Having said that, I have a few questions:
>
> Reading the module doc,
>
> -is the  module capable of being client and server (in exacto: when
> opensips wants to send an sms to sms-g, opensips issues the bind
> request; when sms-g wants to send an sms to opensips, sms-g opens the
> connection) ?
>
> -Does opensips automatically reconnect if the session with sms-g is
> dropped ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> cid:F3100D46-F00D-4610-87ED-3E91DA790A82
>
> Johan De Clercq, Managing Director
> Democon bvba - Ooigemstraat 41 - 8780 Oostrozebeke
>
> Tel +3256980990– GSM +32478720104

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer