[OpenSIPS-Users] mhomed=1 and force_send_socket()

Vitalii Aleksandrov vitalik.voip at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 11:13:18 EDT 2019

Hi,

Have a problem with a multihomed proxy which doesn't select outgoing
interface correctly. Found similar topics where people discussed usage
of force_send_socket() when they want to force opensips to use some
interface.

As far as I understood "mhomed=1" is the option which forces opensips to
select a proper outgoing interface in multihomed environment. This
options really works, but unfortunately only for UDP. When opensips has
multiple TCP / TLS / BIN interfaces, opensips just takes the first from
the list which is not always correct and fails to establish an outgoing
connection.

Since I have a module that detects an outgoing interface I can use this
info with $fs to force correct socket for SIP. Unfortunately this trick
doesn't work for BIN and it's not possible to setup a multihomed
opensips with clustering neighbors in both internal and external networks.

Is there any workaround for BIN?