[OpenSIPS-Users] need some help using opensips 3.0 cluster module .

Sasmita Panda spanda at 3clogic.com
Thu Jul 25 06:05:35 EDT 2019

I need some clarification on cluster_mode and working_mode_preset parameter
.

modparam("usrloc", "location_cluster", 1)
modparam("usrloc", "working_mode_preset", "federation-cachedb-cluster")
modparam("usrloc", "cluster_mode", "federation-cachedb")
modparam("usrloc", "restart_persistency", "sync-from-cluster")
*1. metadata in mongoDB and exact AOR in opensips memory through which user
is registered  .  call work fine even when both registered through
different node .*

modparam("usrloc", "working_mode_preset", "full-sharing-cluster")
modparam("usrloc", "cluster_mode", "full-sharing")
modparam("usrloc", "restart_persistency", "sync-from-cluster")
*2. no metadata in mongoDB . AOR of user in opensips memory oly and synced
with each node . So call wont work when 2 user register through different
node . *

modparam("usrloc", "working_mode_preset", "full-sharing-cachedb-cluster")
modparam("usrloc", "cluster_mode", "full-sharing-cachedb")
*3. exact AOR in mongoDB . nothing exist in the opensips memory . This even
wont work when both user registered through different node . *

I was assuming things will work fine in every condition . but its not
working . Am I missing anything in the config so that its not working for
me in 2nd and 3rd scenario ?

In any of above case the data is not getting saved in the mysql DB . I
think it wont even get saved in mysql DB . when we use working_mode_preset
we cant use db_mode .

I think the 1st option is only preferable .  Is the 2nd and 3rd option has
this limitations ? Or I have to add something in the config as well to make
this work ?

*Thanks & Regards*
*Sasmita Panda*
*Senior Network Testing and Software Engineer*
*3CLogic , ph:07827611765*