[OpenSIPS-Users] need some help using opensips 3.0 cluster module .

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Jul 24 09:01:32 EDT 2019

On 24.07.2019 15:33, Sasmita Panda wrote:
> Questions :
> 1. In user location of mongo db , it saves the data of the user with
> the node IP . Its not the actual AOR of the user . Where does the
> actual AOR get saved ? Is that saved in the memory of opensips node only?
Correct: the MongoDB only holds metadata, showing where the user is
reachable from to all nodes.  The actual AoR is saved
in OpenSIPS memory, which is then sync'ed to the local MySQL "location"
table, for restart persistency purposes.  See
the restart_persistency [1] modparam for more details.

>  2. As the cluster info is in the mysql DB  , If 1 node will get down
> , then I have to update the DB immediately and restart the service ?
> OR that node will be disabled automatically no need of service restart ?
No need to edit anything.  The cluster detects when a node is down and
acts accordingly.
The cluster nodes will keep sending "probing" pings, to detect when it
comes back online.

Regards,

[1]:
https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/3.0.x/usrloc.html#param_restart_persistency