[OpenSIPS-Users] usrloc restart persistency on seed node

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 06:00:03 EST 2019

Hi Liviu,

I like your suggestion. It seems like a pragmatic solution so I welcome this
idea.
The X second delay is probably unavoidable, but could there be a problem if
new registration requests arrive during the delay period?

I already have an X second delay because my current work-around is to launch
a background script just before starting OpenSIPS.
The background script has an X second delay then it runs "opensipsctl fifo
ul_cluster_sync" and then exits.

For backward compatibility, perhaps the default behaviour should be the same
as it is now.

John Quick
Smartvox Limited

> Happy New Year John, Alexey and everyone else!
>
> I just finished catching up with this thread, and I must admit that I now
> concur with John's distaste of the asymmetric nature of cluster node
restarts!

> Although it is correct and gets the job done, the 2.4 "seed" mechanism
forces
> the admin to conditionally add a "opensipsctl fifo ul_cluster_sync"
command
> into the startup script of all "seed" nodes.  I think we can do better :)
>
> What if we kept the "seed" concept, but tweaked it such that instead of
> meaning:
> "following a restart, always start in 'synced' state, with an empty
dataset"

> ... it would now mean:
> "following a restart or cluster sync command, fall back to a 'synced'
state,
> with an empty dataset if and only if we are unable to find a suitable sync
> candidate within X seconds"
>
> This solution seems to fit all requirements that I've seen posted so far.
It is: