[OpenSIPS-Users] opensipsctl fifo commands hanging after an opensips service restart

solarmon solarmon at one-n.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 06:21:12 EST 2019

The issue was resolved, but not diagnosed.

I noticed that there were lots of opensipsctl process in the task list. I
have Nagios NCPA agent running scripts that uses opensipsctl and these all
seem to be hanging.

I killed all the opensipsctl processes using pkill and found that I can now
use opensipsctl fifo commands without it hanging. Note, I also had to
restart the NCPA listener service for Nagios monitoring to work properly
again.

I still would like to understand how it got into this situation in the
first place.