[OpenSIPS-Users] opensipsctl fifo commands hanging after an opensips service restart

solarmon solarmon at one-n.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 05:09:41 EST 2019

Hi,

I have an issue with opensipsctl command hanging when using fifo commands.

This occurred after I issued a 'systemctl reload opensips' command.
Actually, I subsequently had to issue a  'systemctl restart opensips'
command since the opensips service had stopped working.

Since then, when using opensipsctl fifo command such as:

 opensipsctl fifo dlg_list_sharing_tags

seems to hang. When I break out of it with CTRL-C I get the following
message:

^Crm: cannot remove ‘/tmp/osips_rply_bf3d191f’: No such file or directory

I noticed that "opensipsctl dispatcher show" does not hang, but
"opensipsctl dispatcher dump" does hang.

Note: this is part of an opensips cluster (using clusterer) and the same is
happening with both opensips nodes. In fact, the issue is happenning on
three different sites that had the opensips nodes service restart after a
config change. (The config change was only to change the fr_inv_timeout
from 20 to 60).

Please advise why this is happening and how to resolve it.