[OpenSIPS-Users] I: SIP-to-XMPP gateway

Emiliano Olivier Emiliano.Olivier at maticmind.it
Mon Oct 8 09:32:28 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I have, after many week,  successfully manage to use the opensips xmpp gateway using pua_xmpp module.

I have followed this simple configuration file:

http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Presence-PuaXmppConfig

My original goal is to monitor by an xmpp client that add in roster list the SIP phone every call received by the phone and show the original caller number.

For xmpp server I have used a personalized version of prosody.

When pua_xmpp_req_winfo translate the SUBSCRIBE from a xmpp domain two active_watcher are inserted in the opensips table event: presence.winfo and presence (and not the dialog needed for entity information).

I can see all the presence status in xmpp client by the translation done thorught pua_xmpp_notify, but not the caller number since the notify generated is  a Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) and not a dialog-info event.

The problem is that only the presence event with pidf body are received and translated due the original subscription.

My ideal goal is to subscribe for the  "dialog-info" event when an account is added in xmpp roster list, but seems pua_xmpp_req_winfo is designed only for presence.winfo e presence sip event, and consequently pua_xmpp_notify translate and send to the gateway only this type of notify event.

I have misunderstood something or there is another  way to send the original caller of the watched extension?

Thank you for  all the gread job done and any help you can give to me.

Emiliano Olivier