[OpenSIPS-Users] redis cache sharing for dialog storage?

J E H A N Z A I B jehanzaib.kiani at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:11:44 EST 2018

Hi there,

I am not sure why the dialog stats will not  be shared. If all records are
going to redis then I have a redis cluster which synchs the cache.
When I fetch the profile size it should be same (if it is being fetched
from the redis) across all the opensips node. I am bit sceptical to upgrade
without knowing what's happening.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 4:53 AM SamyGo <govoiper at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a strong feeling that you're using an old version of opensips to
> expect it to share dialog states/profiles. I think you'll need to use newer
> opensips 2.4+ having dialog sharing capability using proto_bin and
> clusterer module:
>
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/dialog.html#param_profile_replication_cluster
>

> On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 5:30 AM J E H A N Z A I B <
> jehanzaib.kiani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi team,
>>
>> I used redis cache for dialog storage. I have 2 different servers both
>> are sharing the same redis. Is the profile size shared in this case?
>>
>> here is the dialog config.
>>
>> loadmodule "dialog.so"
>> modparam("dialog", "enable_stats", 1)
>> modparam("dialog", "cachedb_url", "redis:mysip://mysipx.xx.xx:xxxx/")
>>
>> This is how I check my profile size.
>>         create_dialog();
>>         set_dlg_profile("myuniqprof","$avp(myprofile_id)");
>>         get_profile_size("myuniqprof","$avp(myprofile_id
>> )","$var(current_profile_size)");
>>
>> Please note I am using version: opensips 1.11.3-notls
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Jehanzaib

Jehanzaib