[OpenSIPS-Users] Problem with simultaneous CANCEL + 200 OK

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Feb 22 11:24:01 EST 2018

Daniel,

The pcap shows only one leg of the the communication (I guess caller
versus OpenSIPS). So I cannot see what happens on the callee side.
Still, I see the first cancel is rejected with 400 (I guess by OpenSIPS
- check the logs to see the reason) and the second one is accepted by
OpenSIPS (no idea if relayed to callee or not). Still, if there is a
race between the cancel from caller and the answer from callee, it is up
to the caller to sort it out....according to RFC, the caller must ACK
the received 200 OK (even if CANCEL was sent) and if it really wants to
terminate the call, it has to fire a BYE.

OpenSIPS Summit 2018