[OpenSIPS-Users] Handling SUBSCRIBE & NOTIFIES

Royee Tichauer royee.tichauer at vonage.com
Mon Sep 25 12:06:36 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am using opensips 2.1 as a SIP proxy and I am trying to figure out how to
best handle SUBSCRIBE messages which need to be routed through to another
SIP component. As I read in the rfc3265
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3265#ref-1> an initial (out of call)
SUBSCRIBE creates a dialog which NOTIFYs and following SUBSCRIBE messages
are part of and are routed within the same dialog.

>From looking at the opensips code I see that when "create_dialog" is called
then the request is only handled if it is an INVITE request. So I'm trying
to understand what is the proper way of handling the SUBSCRIBEs that come
from the devices and the NOTIFYs that come from the PBX after the SUBSCRIBE
is accepted.

If there are examples for handling such SUBSCRIBEs that would be great.

Thanks,
Royee