[OpenSIPS-Users] nathelper and mid_register

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Fri Oct 27 04:40:08 EDT 2017

Hi Jim,

Both functions attempt to rewrite the Contact - the former with
SOURCE_IP:SOURCE_PORT, while the latter attempts to do it with
ADV_IP:ADV_PORT. Due to the "lazy changes" optimization of the OpenSIPS
stack, you cannot serialize these two function calls, rather you are
forced to pick one of them.

Fortunately, there is another way around the above: you can have the
mid-registrar insert itself through a Path header, rather than rewriting
the Contact to point to its interface. So just switch the mid_registrar
to "insertion_mode = 1" and you should be good.

PS: can you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve? IIRC,
fix_nated_contact() should not be called on a REGISTER, rather you
should use the fix_nated_register() which forces a ";received=" param
into the Contact. Conceptually, at least - I'm pretty sure this also
won't work well with mid_registrar_save().

Best regards,

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com