[OpenSIPS-Users] Strange behavior on ipv4 / ipv6 dual stack server with/without mhomed

Daniel Lakeland dlakelan at street-artists.org
Mon Oct 23 14:57:23 EDT 2017

On 10/23/2017 07:51 AM, Daniel Lakeland wrote:
> On 10/23/2017 06:11 AM, Răzvan Crainea wrote:
>> Hi, Daniel!
>>
>> My assumption is that have double Record Routing[1] disaabled. That's
>> why it seems OpenSIPS is not figuring out corrrectly the outbound
>> interface for sequential messages. Could you send a SIP trace done on
>> the OpenSIPS server (privately if posting here is an issue)?
>>
>> This also explains the 30 seconds timeout - if asterisk is not
>> receiving the ACK within 30 seconds, it closes the call.

Razvan: thanks again for your time, your message encouraged me to turn
off all the force_send_socket stuff and just try mhomed. This worked,
sort of!

The problem is that there are multiple problems and so it's hard to
track down what's the main issue. At least now, there are no messages
about failure to send out a socket... but now there are problems still....

Some of these problems seem to be fixed by topology hiding. When I get a
call from an ipv4 ATA I topology hide, and then these ATAs don't see
ipv6 addresses they probably don't understand and then I don't get
messages from them with truncated garbage ip addresses in the request.

on the other hand, somehow doing that broke my SDP rewriting scheme....
so there is more to do, but still some progress. I would like to offer
up an ipv6/ipv4 dual-stacked tutorial for opensips once I've figured it
all out. It would be great if someone would be interested to review that
document for accuracy ;-)