[OpenSIPS-Users] Topology Hiding Presence Proxy

Nathan Baker bakern at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 13:57:45 EST 2017

I just wanted to follow up on this one more time with some additional
details.  In the topology hiding tutorial (
http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Topology-Hiding) it
mentions that presence dialogs should be supported on top of the TM module:

"When running strictly on top of the TM module, the topology hiding SIP
messages will be bigger when compared to the initial requests ( since
OpenSIPS will encode all the needed information in a parameter of the
Contact header ), but all type of SIP requests and dialogs will be
supported ( INVITE dialogs, Presence dialogs, SIP MESSAGE, etc )."

When I attempt to do this, the SUBSCRIBE works fine, but when the NOTIFY
comes back from the server I get errors when it does the
topology_hiding_match(), usually something like:

ERROR:core:parse_params: invalid character, ; expected, found o
ERROR:core:do_parse_rr_body: failed to parse params
ERROR:core:do_parse_rr_body: failed to parse RR headers
ERROR:topology_hiding:topo_no_dlg_seq_handling: failed parsing route set

I can see the th_contact_encode_param value in the request URI, but there
is no route set in the NOTIFY message.  Is it expecting that there is one?
I guess I need to turn on debugging or dig into the topology hiding module
code to see what's causing the errors.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Nate