[OpenSIPS-Users] high availability rtpproxy with opensips

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Mon Nov 20 04:09:20 EST 2017

My understanding is that this is not straightforward (or even possible?)
with RTPProxy as it does not share any state with additional instances
meaning calls could use either instance from either server however they
cannot switch back and forward between proxies during a call session.

You may find it worthwhile to investigate a solution which provides shared
state such as RTPEngine which can use Redis to maintain a shared state
between instances. http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/rtpengine

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM SK <yukko.sergey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have configured simple AOR and dialogs replication using a clusterer
> module. 2 boxes with opensips (SRV1 and SRV2) work as active-standby
> sharing one IP-address (keepalived).
>
> Now I want to enable high availability for rtpproxy.
>
> How can I send commands from SRV1 to both SRV1 and SRV2 rtpproxy instance,
> so SRV2 immediately starts to forward RTP packets of the active call in
> case SRV1 fails inside the active call and IP is moved from SRV1 to SRV2?
>
> Does dialog mirroring done by clusterer module makes this for me
> automatically in case both servers have identical nathelper module setup?

Callum Guy
Head of Information Security
X-on

--

*0333 332 0000  |  www.x-on.co.uk <http://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on>   <https://www.facebook.com/XonTel>
  <https://twitter.com/xonuk> *
X-on is a trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd a limited company
registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel
Hempstead, Herts, HP3 9SD. Company Registration No. 2578478.
The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
X-on immediately on +44(0)333 332 0000 and delete the
message from your computer. If you are not a named addressee you must not
use, disclose, disseminate, distribute, copy, print or reply to this email. Views
or opinions expressed by an individual
within this email may not necessarily reflect the views of X-on or its
associated companies. Although X-on routinely screens for viruses,
addressees should scan this email and any attachments
for viruses. X-on makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of
viruses in this email or any attachments.