[OpenSIPS-Users] What does exactally mean lots of warnings about timer_ticker in the log (OpenSIPS 2.1)?

Eric Tamme eric at uphreak.com
Mon Feb 22 18:35:22 CET 2016

Many things share the same timer, dialog expiration cleanup,
userlocation cleanup, nathelper pings etc.  If one of the processes that
is triggered by a timer route blocks for some period of time - aka a
hung db query, it will cause the timer to "drift" and you will get logs
indicating that a process that should have takeng X amount of time
actually took Y amount of time - this is due to the blocking operation.

I would suggest that you use dedicated timer processes for as many
things as you can - dialog, tm etc. see the module docs for how to do this.

-Eric