[OpenSIPS-Users] Sip trace module .

Ben Bliss ben at enta.net
Wed Apr 13 13:25:43 CEST 2016

Sasmita,

If i'm honest, its impossible to outline what to do here. The best thing
I can do is try to explain how the software functions, and then you can
fill in the gaps.

I'll try and break it down as much as possible.

You have 3 main elements.

1. Capturing + sending the SIP information - Trace node
2. Analysing and storing SIP information - Capture node
3. Viewing SIP information - HOMER

So, as far as I am aware, you have already configured siptrace within
OpenSIPs. This does the capturing and sending of the SIP information.
What you capture, is up to you. We, by design, wanted to capture
everything, so we have a rule at the start of our Opensips configuration
to capture the SIP packets, no matter what they are or where they are
from. You configure the destination address and port of where you are
analysing the data within the module options. See this
<https://github.com/sipcapture/homer/wiki/Examples%3A-OpenSIPS>for more
information.

Usually, your trace node will be your proxy, or where you are gathering
your SIP data, although this isn't always the case (you could mirror
your SIP traffic to a separate trace node, for example). This then sends
the data to your capture node. Once again, this can be setup as a
separate instance, receiving the information from the trace node,
processing it, and then storing it. In our case, we implemented HOMER on
the same physical box as the capture node. As I am more familiar with
Kamailio, I used kamailio as the capture node software (which is
included in the manual installation instructions here.)
<https://github.com/sipcapture/homer/wiki/Quick-Install#-manual-setup-from-source-advanced>

The capture node is there to receive the SIP traffic, isolate what it
is, and then insert it into an appropriate MySQL table. This database
information is then read by the HOMER front end. Once again, you can
install HOMER wherever you like, as long as it can access the database
you are storing the data which is being captured by the capture node. It
is, after all, just a web gui, so just needs to be installed on a box
running apache/nginx. Once again, all the installation instructions are
on the sipcapture github page here.
<https://github.com/sipcapture/homer/wiki/Quick-Install>

As I said, all the instructions you need are on the github page. It took
me a few attempts, but the instructions do work, so i would advise
carefully reading through these, and then follow the instructions
accordingly.

Kind Regards,

---------
Ben Bliss
Network Systems Administrator
Entanet International Ltd
T: 0333 101 9229
F: 0333 101 0601
E: support at enta.net
W: http://www.enta.net
W: http://opinion.enta.net

This e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it, including replies and
forwarded copies subsequently transmitted, contains information which may be
confidential and which may also be legally privileged. The content of this
e-mail is for the exclusive use of the individual(s) or entity named above, if
you are not the intended recipient, please note that any form of distribution,
copying or use of this e-mail or the information in it is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error please reply to
the sender at Entanet International Ltd and then delete the e-mail immediately.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author, and may not
necessarily represent those of Entanet International Ltd. Entanet international
Ltd is registered in England and Wales, registered no 3274237, and its
registered office is Stafford Park 6, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 3AT. registered
VAT number GB 184 5136 01.