[OpenSIPS-Users] Logic behind check of current_turn in presence module?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Sep 28 14:06:02 CEST 2015

Hi Surya,

This question is more appropriate for the devel mailing list :).

The "turns" is a mechanism to force OpenSIPS to process the PUBLISH
requests in the some order as they were received. OpenSIPS is a
multi-processes application and requests received in a certain order
from the network level may end up being processed in a totally different
one. This was breaking the whole presence philosophy, especially in
dialog-info, where the PUBLISH-ing is done fast and order is really
important.

The two variables are used as a ticketing system for order - each
incoming PUBLISH will take a turn ticket (based on its arrival) and it
will wait to be handled only when all the previously received PUBLISHes
are processed.