[OpenSIPS-Users] Logic behind check of current_turn in presence module?

surya chauhan.suryaveer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:16:02 CEST 2015

Hi All,

Here I am referring opensips1.8.4

I am not able to understand the use of current_turn and last_turn variables
in update_presentity function.

As I understand:

For initial request current_turn=0  and last_turn=0

and for subsequent requests where etag matches and found in hash, each will
be incremented by 1.

I have two questions:

1. What is the use of this check?
2. When will be the current_turn and last_turn become unequal?

Also, I see this was not present in the version 1.8.3.

Please help me understanding the logic behind this functionality.

Thanks & Regards
Surya