[OpenSIPS-Users] Use of socket_info and local_contact columns in the active_watcher table

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Sep 2 09:21:32 CEST 2015

Hi Surya,

Not sure if you can use a HTTP LB for SIP.

Nevertheless, OpenSIPS (being a multi-purpose SIP server) can act both
as a Presence Server/Agent and as a Load Balancer.

You can have a from OpenSIPS doing dispatching to a set of OpenSIPS
acting as Presence Servers. As you have full control over the LB logic,
you actually can do more than LB, you can actually do kind of clustering
of presence entities, so all traffic relevant to a presence entity (all
its PUBLISHs and all SUBSCRIBEs to it) will hit the same presence
server. So there will be no need to actually share anything between the
presence servers.