[OpenSIPS-Users] timeout between 180 Ringing and 200 OK.‏

Ryan Mitchell rjm at tcl.net
Wed Nov 11 19:04:08 CET 2015

You could tell OpenSIPS to drop the 180 if the call is already in that
state, unless you have it setup as a completely
transaction/dialog-stateless proxy.  If the 200 really comes that fast
after the 180, then clearly you don't need the 180.  I'm assuming that the
transport is UDP, and that could explain the out-of-order.  Or, the two
nearly simultaneous messages are handled by separate processes in OpenSIPs,
and the server just happened to schedule the threads such that the 200 got
out first.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 7:39 AM, Юрий Насида <ynasida at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I have a bit strange issue when sometimes opensips 1.7.2  is wrong with
> the sequence of sip messages and send to freeswitch:
>
> 200 OK -- next --> 180 Ringing
> instead of
> 180 Ringing -- next --> 200 OK
>
> The reason probably connected with end PBX which sends 180 Ringing and
>  200 OK almost at the same time (timeout = 0,000086 sec). Just FYI, PBX
> places inbound call to queue and this explains why it sends 200 OK so quick.
>
> I know that it's also related to server resource but we have really good.
> Is it possible to fix on opensips side somehow ?
>
> Do anybody know what is  minimum timeout should be between 180 and 200
> according RFC ?
>
> Please advice
>
> Thanks.

Ryan Mitchell <rjm at tcl.net>