[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS + Ekiga + Linphone: Could not send message: Forbidden

Jeff Pyle jeff.pyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Nov 3 04:05:41 CET 2015

Alexander,

Your capture has two packets, a MESSAGE from Ekiga to Opensips, and a 407
Proxy Auth Required reply from Opensips to Ekiga.  When Ekiga tells
you "NOTICE: Could not send message: Unauthorised", it's correct given the
capture, but the real question is why Ekiga didn't try to use
authentication at that point.  Instead it just stopped and showed the error.

I can't speak any more to Ekiga; I've never tried it.  If you're looking
for other options, one may be Blink[1].  I've used it on Mac OSX with a lot
of success.  I've found its mailing list[2] to be active with prompt

[1] http://projects.ag-projects.com/projects/documentation/wiki/Repositories
[2] http://support.icanblink.com/

- Jeff

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 7:41 PM, Alexander Shukaev <
opensips at alexander.shukaev.name> wrote:

> You are the Bo$$, Jeff.  Exactly, that was the case.  Although the data
> for the user registration was correct in Ekiga (and I also have no idea how
> the registration even passed), I decided to simply deregister and register
> again.  As a result, I can now call from Ekiga to Linphone too, but there
> is a still a problem with IM, a different one though.  Now Ekiga reports
> "NOTICE: Could not send message: Unauthorised" for IMs, and now I also
> understand why (thanks to your previous response): it does not send
> "Proxy-Authorization" anymore (see the attachment)!  I begin to think that
> Ekiga is merely bugged, though I've heard lots of positive reviews on it,
> including facts that it can be considered a mature piece of software.  So I
> still hope that this could be my misconfiguration on the OpenSIPS side and
> if anybody can point me to it, I'd be very grateful.  Otherwise, I guess I
> better off with another softphone client anyway.
>
> Kind regards,
> Alexander
>
> On 02.11.2015 21:54, Jeff Pyle wrote:
>
>> Alexander,
>>
>> First, let me say I do not use Opensips for instant message or related
>> operations.  Looking at your capture, however, I may have a thought.
>> Let's look at the headers from Ekiga's authenticated MESSAGE:
>>
>> U 2015/10/31 13:02:54.844064 192.168.2.109:5060 [1] ->
>>> 127.0.0.1:5060 [2]
>>>
>>> MESSAGE sip:5678 at 127.0.0.1 SIP/2.0.
>>>
>>> CSeq: 17 MESSAGE.
>>>
>>> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
>>>
>>> 192.168.2.109:5060
>> ;branch=z9hG4bK4ef094e5-5e7e-e511-8953-0008cafa0605;rport.

>>> From: <sip:5678 at 127.0.0.1 [4]>.
>>>

>>> Call-ID: 868b94e5-5e7e-e511-8953-0008cafa0605 at G75VW.
>>>
>>> To: <sip:5678 at 127.0.0.1>.
>>>
>>> Proxy-Authorization: Digest username="1234", realm="127.0.0.1",
>>> nonce="5634f45c0000000f04ee114e87bbede48ba1228797acae09",
>>> uri="sip:5678 at 127.0.0.1", algorithm=MD5,