[OpenSIPS-Users] Residential Script - noob question

Newlin, Ben Ben.Newlin at inin.com
Fri May 22 20:10:01 CEST 2015

James,

Only SIP Requests are processed by the route function. That is why it makes sense for the INVITEs, REGISTERs, and OPTIONs, BYEs, ACKs, etc. The 486 is a reply and is handled by OpenSIPS according to normal SIP rules. It will not cause the script to run at all unless you are using the transaction module and have registered an onreply_route or failure_route with t_on_reply or t_on_failure. But you would not want to use loose_route there as that is meant only for request processing.

Ben Newlin