[OpenSIPS-Users] Residential Script - noob question

James Thomas jthomasdpu at gmail.com
Fri May 22 18:56:12 CEST 2015

I've been stepping through the residential script and looking at rfc3665 in
order to get an understanding of how things work. So far so good on simple
INVITES, REGISTERS, etc. But I'm a little confused on case 3.9 Unsuccessful
Busy. It might be my lack of complete understanding of loose_route..

When Bob's phone sends the 486 Busy and it comes into the proxy, the to-tag
is set so that code block gets executed. Is loose_route true or not? I
thought not since there aren't Route headers present. If it is true, why?
If it's false what happens to the 486 at that point?

Or does the proxy do work behind the scenes of the script by ACKing then
creating its own 486 to send to proxy 1?

Thanks for any insight.