[OpenSIPS-Users] difference between failed and missed transactions.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Jun 15 18:36:31 CEST 2015

Hello Younas,

The two evens (missed and failed) are on different level of a transaction.

A Missed Call event happens on the outbound side of OpenSIPS (OpenSIPS
talking to callee) and means a branch of the transaction got a negative
reply.

A Failed Transaction event happens on the inbound side of OpenSIPS
(OpenSIPS talking to caller) and means OpenSIPS terminating the whole
transaction with a negative reply - a negative reply is sent back to
caller, not more serial forking is possible, transaction completed.

If you have call from Alice to Bob, call first getting to Bob, Bob has
DnD, so a negative reply is received from callee -> A Missed Call event;
after that, OpenSIPS can do serial forking and send the call to VM , so
the call will establish after all -> the call will not have a Failed
Transaction event.